Wednesday 1 July 2009

Stuff....

Google's about to have its second tenth birthday. In late August, Blogger will officially turn 10 years old. As our birthday draws near, we thought it would be interesting to share some fun facts about Blogger:
Every minute of every day, 270,000 words are written on Blogger
Millions of people worldwide use Blogger to publish to their blog each week
Almost two thirds of Blogger's traffic comes from outside North America (What's the #2 country after the U.S.? Brazil, followed by Turkey, Spain, Canada, and the U.K.)
The most popular sport for our bloggers? Soccer (that's football to the rest of the world), more than four times larger than the #2 sport, baseballWhile we're really excited about this milestone, we want the focus to be on you and the remarkable stories that you and millions of people around the world document on Blogger. After all, blogs are one of the true building blocks of the web, constantly updated not only with news and personal stories, but any kind of information you can imagine. Just this week, there's an Iranian student documenting the minute-by-minute proceedings in Iran, while a British woman is uploading nightly blog posts from her satellite phone while rowing solo from Hawaii to Australia, while an American college student is running from Amsterdam to Athens with nothing but the pack on his back. There are literally millions more.

Having been told that I should record how I feel I thought seeing as I'm feeling really pants (sorry Sue, I borrowed your phrase) I'd have a quick scribbling session on here - I'm not in the mood for writing on paper and then burning it so the laptop gets it...

I guess I got out of bed on the wrong side today -I meant to get up at about 7.00 so I keep a routine but I forgot to turn my alarm on so at 8.30 I dragged myself into Wednesday to find the TV was still on downstairs but there was no sign of husband, his case, laptop and work clothes were still here - he was the only one missing along with his car! I tried phoning...no reply so I sent a text off too for good measure, I was about to call his mother when he drove in (my mind was in serious problem stage and I had considered calling the hospital) It turned out he had a Dr appointment that I had totally forgotten. So panic over but it was a start to the day that I really don't want to repeat too often.

The heat is continuing and I am completely fed up with sun. no clouds and relentless heat. I did cool down a little last night when I was in the middle of Ashford but on returning to the house the heat was ack big time. The media isn't helping by continuously reporting that this is going to be the norm in the future long with droughts etc I want typical English summers back...the kind I'm used to, wearing loads of layers on the beach as it's so cold rather than to protect yourself from the dangerous rays....

Maybe it's the heat that is getting me so pissed off and once we get normal service in respect of the summer I'll be a happy bunny again.... maybe I'll have a nice daydream about that as I can't be bothered to make any lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Well.....how did the singing go? Did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad...and it isn't just singing, they do moves too! Looks like it's going to be fun and will help my memory I hope!

    ReplyDelete