Friday 24 July 2009

2 good days in a row!!!


I saw the neurologist yesterday... he was very nice and offered to pass my care back the the consultant I saw last year. I politely declined as at least seeing him I go to Ashford rather than having to drag myself back to Canterbury! I am now waiting for my appointment to go and have another MRI scan done. He seemed happy there is no obvious sign of any tumour but I think he wants to investigate the damage done last year - but on the other hand my medication could also be causing my headache but he doesn't want to get involved with that! So I also need to go back to my GP - he couldn't prescribe any stronger pain killers as the ones he would recommend react with all the medication I'm all ready on!


It was also decided I needed some blood tests... and for once they managed to get blood out of my arm rather than my wrist and I'm bruise free!!! But I have no idea wh they need quite that many bottles/tubes of my blood! DO I get it back when they've finished with it?? Although I guess my blood pressure should be lower again now!


In the afternoon I went to Reed Accountancy to register. Miranda is very nice and was straight with me, right now it's very quiet but I'm not in a major rush - I just want to find the right thing for me for the future, I need a challenge where I can be happy and fulfilled.


Yesterday evening I had a counseling session, basicaly we agreed I'm regressing slightly and seem to be in a slightly rebellious teenage type phase! My main objective right now is I don't want to comply with what I feel is expected of me - I want to have fun and do things I like when I want to...


In the main it was a good day for me, even the blood letting didn't hurt as much as usual! And my chat with Rachel really did help me - we even decided what I really need right now is a decent head, neck and shoulder masssage to try to relieve tension and stress. I have suggested this but haven't got too far yet!!

2 comments:

  1. The massage is a great idea. I work for a massage therapy studio. Philip and I see Nick once a month for maintenance massage.........eases Philip's headaches and helps my.........everything.
    If you ever decide to visit I'll fix you up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never fails to amaze me that in this new "NHS of choice", those who designed it are genuinely surprised to find that people want health care close to home.
    When it was all invented, they honestly thought people would be prepared (and would want to) travel miles when they *could* just visit the local hospital.

    ReplyDelete