Saturday 4 July 2009

Independance Day

Technically we have no reason at all to celebrate this... yet we currently have a large Stars and Stripes flying in the back garden as we were supposed to have a flag retreat at 5.00pm! It is now 5.30 and so far as I know the flag is doing just fine out there! It has now retreated to somewhere but no retreat was sounded so far as I heard!

It has been warm today rather than as hot and sticky as it has been so far this week - although in my head it stil doesn't feel as cool and refreshing as I'd like, but I imagine I won't get that sort of weather for a while yet! But I can wish/dream and remember previous comfortable summers...But I do remember in the past it always seemed to be sunny on my birthday - but still comfortable rather than me feeling as if I was being roasted - or is that the rose tinted glasses effect!?!?!!?

We went out to lunch today to meet the mad cycling brigade...they made it there before us but we had the advantage of air conditioning in the car!! Lunch was rather scrummy, a prawn baguette but not a few prawns a loads of sauce - you could actually taste the prawns and teh sauce was merely there to hold them together a little and the bread was wonderfully fresh and I enjoyed every bite! I think the ploughmans went down well - both stilton and prawn! All in all I feel it's safe to say the food was a success and the liquid lunch didn't seem to go to waste either! Accordin to the other half the diet coke wasn't great but my OJ and lemonade was great...could have done with a little ice but it was nice and refreshing!

Mood wise today has been really good - maybe the sun does help lift your spirits! I woke up feelingtired and the stupid headache is still thuding along nicely...after yesterdays fiasco with the blood pressure drugs I'm trying not to take too many of the painkillers as I am very aware they are addictive and that is a problem I don't want or need right now.

1 comment: