Sunday 5 July 2009

How do I catch a cold during a heatwave??

I have managed to catch a cold from somewhere during our ongoing heatwave... It has mixed wonderfully well with my existing headache to make my head feel even closer to eplosion point...this really isn't fun in the slightest.

If I'm honest the cold is not helping my mental state. I feel so shattered doing anything is taking far more effort than is was even yesterday. I would quite happily sleep around the clock at the moment - I'm ready to shut down for a week and to let the world got on hapily without my input as I really feel the world doesn't need that.

Previously I felt it made sense to buy shares in Kleenex since I was crying so much - now I need shares as my nose is in over drive... give me a couple of days and I'll be all set to pose for a photo for our Christmas card this year... if I can find some antlers!

Today has been rather quiet, which I have enjoyed as I never feel that sociable when I have a cold, at least I've managed to avoid upsetting anyone I like and care about. Which for me is important, I really don't enjoy being in a bad mood or upsetting people. At least I don't like it at the moment, heaven only knows how I could feel in a weeks time! But for now I'm working on protecting me and looing after me as I guess I am the most important person for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your snotters go away very soon.
    Colds are pants.

    ReplyDelete