Saturday 30 April 2011

Can someone please slow time down for me???

Today is the end of April, so we're a third of the way through this year already! It hardly seems a week since Christmas and new year - Plus in a month and a half my baby boy is a year old... This time last year it still seemed ages until he was going to arrive, especially as my original due date was the beginning of July!

After the excitement of the Royal Wedding yesterday I was expecting today to be much quieter...But Mikey had other ideas and today his second tooth is through! We now have 1 teeth at the bottom at the front. And bless him, he celebrated by biting my finger when I was checking his teeth with my finger - I really should know better!!

I will admit I had  cry yesterday at the wedding... The bride looked stunning and her husband to be (at that point) told her as she arrived at the alter - perfect timing and exactly the right thing to say. He's already learnt that women can never get too many compliments so I'm hoping this royal marriage will work! I was also really proud to be British, there were 1000's of people in London and very few arrests, even the proposed demonstrations by Islamic groups didn't seem to hit the news or cause any problems. I know that i Now live in a multi cultural society - but I'm also proud of my heritage and history...And if they choose to move here for the freedom they now enjoy, they should make allowances and not interrupt the history and heritage of this country! OK, mini rant over as they didn't manage to achieve their ultimate aim - not that i think the crowds in London would have let them!!

I have to admit I was also thinking about my Grandmother (Nanny) she would have adored yesterday and I remember how excited she was when Charles and Diana got married...luckily she never knew how it all ended as she had died before it all imploded. But I remember rushing to Jarrolds in Norwich the day after the wedding to buy her a book all about it with loads of photos so she could relive the event whenever she wanted to (she never had a video machine - she would never have coped with that!!) And she would have adored how the new Duchess looked, and wouldn't have missed a second of the coverage! And she would have joined Mum and I in discussing the various outfits on show...especially the York Girls and as a Yorkshire woman through and through she would not have been impressed how they looked!

The photo today is Mikey at 6 days old...he has changed so much in the last 10 months, and I feel I'm falling in love with my little boy even more now - I can hardly call him a baby any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment