Saturday 9 April 2011

One step forward at long last!

Finally had some good news!!! The moron's Insurance company have accepted full liability for the accident.To be honest there was no way they could try to wriggle out of it as 1) the was trying to make a totally stupid (and possibly illegal manoeuvre) 2) he admitted he was on the hone at the time and 3) he didn't hand over any detail to me and legged it from the scene as soon as he could. But knowing that is a huge leap to Aviva admitting their driver is totally in the wrong and they will pay up fully - there is a big part of my past where I was one of those 'Thieves and Vagabonds' (to quote my father) trying to get out of paying any claim in any way if I could find any loophole etc. I just have to wait for the payout to come through now,(I think they have a time limit under the FSA now...) but at least my poor little car is back looking normal (for it!) now even though I am very nervous driving down Brookfield road now (I will drive any different way I can just to avoid it really) or whenever I see a silver transit van.

I also had the joy of talking to the Tax office this morning. I tried to tell them about my new job last month when I signed off, but they didn't want to know as I didn't have my PAYE reference - even the Job Centre apologised for the Tax offices lack of help and rudeness! This morning I found one even ruder! But when I called back and spoke to Craig he was far more helpful and thinks they may get it all sorted fairly soon  (certainly before the end of July!!) I think this many be a new government money saving policy - talk very fast in a thick/broad Scottish accent and totally baffle people so they leave you alone and go away! But of course if they've got it wrong it is all your fault and they get stern and tell you off! I wasn't having any of that this morning and reminded them that according to their records I had tried to tell them on 10 March and when I phoned last week they couldn't/wouldn't talk to me as they were running a system update prior to the end of the tax year...(not my fault I needed to go back to work and it happened in March/April! They also got a little shirty that I'd dared to change employers as well rather than returning to my previous employer.... I'm so looking forward to completing my tax credits renewal pack as In the last year I've had  employers, maternity pay plus job seekers allowance... and baby brain on top of all that!! No wonder they get stroppy!

This afternoon has been quite amusing - we were watching the National an the small person decided to bounce along with it! He got rather excited/over excited towards the end and added a few screams for good measure - I doubt he'll make a jockey as the prediction is he'll be around 6' when he reached his full height and neither parent has EVER been skinny and based on his current showing he is far too fond of his foo to try starving himself to make a jockey's weight! But his other career option this afternoon has been a singer as I'm watching a programme about the nations favourite Abba songs and he's been joining in... all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order bless him!!! He's now rolling around on the floor perfectly happily, this morning we did proper roly polys and ended up on his back again - a bit of a chock the first time so he kept doing it as it meant he could move quite quickly and grab whatever he wanted! He's just found the squeaker on his mat now and is stomping on it!! He has also een eating fromage frais again...this afternoon we've discovered we rather like apricot...and if he gets close to a naked flame he may end up in orbit with the gases he is producing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment