Monday 18 April 2011

Monday...at least this is a short week!

Today has been a little odd… Mikey is still not really himself and was not in the right frame of mind to get up when I wanted him too - or is this just a typical boy thing??? Breakfast wasn't too much of a battle until we got to his bottle, this led to the usual waving of the milk, but thankfully he wasn't trying to stand up on me at the same time so he couldn't get too much forge behind any throwing action!


Shortly after I declared a truce with the bottle he was loaded into Daddy's car and set off to Nanny & Grandad's. I got a text mid morning to tell me he was having a nap and when I phoned at lunch time he was apparently much more himself and had even smiled at the window cleaner! Hopefully we will have another good night tonight… preferably without his calpol vapour plug as that just makes me feel decidedly sick… which hasn't been fun at work today as I feel queasy when I arrived and someone is wearing a rather strong aftershave which is also making my stomach do a great impression of a cement mixer! I haven't felt up to eating lunch either so I know my sugar levels are going to be low, although the number of extra strong mints I've been eating may help push them up again!

We didn't make it to Andy's Dad for lunch yesterday. Somehow I think it will take a while before Andy forgives me as he was looking forward to a huge traditional Sunday lunch! But I wasn't happy to take the little one out and Andy would have not been impressed if he'd done his screaming trick all the way there or back! I might be a neurotic mother, but when he's not well I'll do whatever I have to in order to protect him…

He's now home and seems back to normal!! He's had his bottle and I'm wearing quite a lot of it! Unfortunately I'm still feeling really sick and the thought of eating is quite possibly the worst idea in the world... I feel that I need to throw up but the thought of doing that is equally horrific as just eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment