Sunday 3 April 2011

A first...

For me at least! Today was my first Mother's Day as a Mum!! If I'm honest it is a day I thought would never, ever happen and first thing this morning I was rather emotional and had to escape to the kitchen at one point for a little cry... Thankfully it was sunny hits morning so I could hide behind sunglasses when the tears threatened again! I know I was being very stupid, but  having waited so long for Mikey and had so many emotions in past years when I thought I'd never have a baby I decided I was allowed to be a little silly on my first Mother's Day!

We started with a trip to Nanny in Ashford, she seemed to like her Mikey Mug and he was exceptionally happy to play with the box it was delivered it! Maybe Jose was right on Friday when he suggested a drum kit is needed for a birthday in June, the box got well thumped/battered this morning! Next it was over to Medway to see Nanny and Grandad for lunch, Mikey needed his as soon as we got there an it seems he is quite partial to Fish Pie a la Cow & Gate! Followed by custard of course and then an post lunch nap, as he'd only had a 30 minute nap as we drove over there! After his nap and recital on his baby walker it was time for juice and a biscuit, some of which is still stuck to Nanny's trouser leg after Mikey had sucked it an then thrown it on the floor... Luckily Barley pretty much ignored it so eventually he did manage to eat most of it (well the bits that didn't end up stuck to Nanny!) We finished off with some bread and butter soldiers and some apple & cookie crumble before finally having another nap as we drove home! Nanny thinks we may be having another growth spurt as naps seem to be becoming more and more important to him! I sort of hope not as it means yet more clothes shopping will be needed and he still has a few bits from Christmas he hasn't worn yet!

The photo is the one we had put onto mugs for both Nannies... I'm sure a photo of Mikey was much preferred to one of Andy or I!! (Although I have just noticed he seems to be going cross eyed on it for some reason!)These internet photo companies are great - they also produced calenders for grand parents at Christmas... it is nice to get something more personal at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment