Wednesday 13 April 2011

The sniffles...

One thing I had forgotten about working in an office...everyone is so sharing! I now have a wonderful cold and to borrow a phrase from my brother-in-law I am officially a snot monster (maybe a new character for Avenue Q!?!?!?) Thankfully Mikey isn't around today so I'm happily miserable at home, wrapped in my blanket whilst cuddling my tissues with a waste bin close at hand so I don't cover the floor in horrid used tissues! All I need is a slave to keep up my supply of drinks and I'd be in heaven! And my throat may continue to work instead of feeling as though it's being sandpapered!

The other downside to this truly wonderful cold is that my appetite has got up and wandered off somewhere - and as everyone keeps telling me that won't help me lose weight. I did cook for Andy last night but nothing appealed to me in the slightest. Instead I went out to get some change for the carpark for today (well it will do for tomorrow now!) and that was fun! Most of the roads seemed to close just as I got the them! I ended up at Sainsbury's filling the car up with petrol and had to come home via the middle of town! There is possibly a shorter route home but I don't know it...and my phone was safe and sound at home so I couldn't call home for advice/directions! Not that I would ever phone and drive at the same time... I do have a bluetooth headset but my phone won't admit that it actually exists so I would have had to pull over and tried to explain where I was - never easy for me to be honest!

1 comment: