Sunday 7 March 2010

Week 23

The last week has been really tough - not being pregnant, but being without Gizmo...

TOday my darling Husband took us out for lunch to Chimneys, it was wonderful - someone else doing the cooking. OK we had to go and collect it as it was a carvery, but I could have what I wanted and colecting it was all I had to do! The options today were beef, Turkey and Gammon, so seeing as I am pregnant I had turkey and beef! In my defence I was hungry...so there! And technicaly I am eating for 2 and I'm not sure which he prefers yet, so I opted for both! Plus I did have veg so it wasn't all bad...until I got to dessert but that is another story!

Dessert was very bad for a diabetic, but tasted fantastic so I think we both enjoyed it...and right now I thnk that is important, I want a happy baby :) It was slightly chocolate based (called a chocoholics delight) and I was busy smiling across the room at a small boy who was trying to avoid eating the pasta/brocolli bake his mother was trying to convince him to eat - most ended up in his hair! The joys we have to come I guess!

Yesterday I was out with my sister... the pram has now been ordered and should be delivered mid June - I've even managed to fold it and it had a gadget for Dad to play with when he is out for a walk! It is very adaptable - and has a carrycot as well as a push chair and car seat! So the baby can be nice and comfy and luckily for the inhabitants of Ashford not puch out in front for me to collect people on! But I'm sure I'll find a way!!!

If I'm brutally honest I am still terrified at the thought of being responsible for another person, I'm not sure I'm really capable of being responsible for me... I still have nightmares that the hospital won't even let me bring him home...

1 comment:

  1. You will be an absolutely amazing mother.
    Once that baby is here you will automatically put his needs before your own. I think we must be programmed this way.
    What a fabulous time for you and Andy. Love the pram by the way.

    ReplyDelete