Wednesday 24 March 2010

Long Day

I've discovered somethign else they never tell you at school when they are talking about pregnancy... Whilst pregnant the baby seems to have an in-built hatred of allowing it's Mother to sleep... At 2.03 am this morning I was woken from what can only be described as a rather nice and much needed sleep. For once I wasn't being kicked but someone was in full blown wriggle mode! It wasn't helped by the person on the onther side of the bed snoring well and producing nasty gases - he at least got poked and told to stop it!

Getting back to sleep simply didn't happen and I spent most of the rest of the night trying to get comfortable and failing miserably. All the books tell you to sleep on your lfet side to aid blood flow to the placenta - my hips are disagreeing with sleeping on that side and if I try to sleep on the other side I start feeling guilty and worry I'm going to hurt the baby somehow. At this point I usually get kicked so I assume everything is OK at that poinit and start trying to finid something else to worry about!

At around 6am I start to drop off and by the time I drag myself out of bd I look like death warmed up - no way can I be described as having a pregnancy glow - the total opposite is much closer to the truth! My skin tone is grey and I haev a complete set of luggage under each eye...heaven only knows what state I'll be in once the baby is actually here! And Andy only gets 2 weeks of Paternity leave...

I think I may have an early night tonight - get a few hours in before we start with the wriggling etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment