Saturday 27 February 2010

RIP Gizmo


Poor Gizmo was rather ill this morning - Andy woke me at 5.00 to tell me and the poor cat couldn't stand up or walk and even more surprising for him, was not meowing or making any sound at all.

THe vet said to keep him confined in a dark room - Giz had other ideas and somehow got through his cat flap and vanished. I thought we'd never see him again but just after 8.00 he managed to get back in through it and also make his way up stairs. He then fell off our bed and went to sleep on the floor under the quilt.

Chipy & Sam kindly loaned us their cat basket and Andy and MArtin took him to the Vet at lunchtime, the original diagnosis was an ear infection which is why he couldn't walk but after X-Rays they found fluid around his heart and also his lungs and there was nothing else that could be done, and our furry friend had to go...

What makes things worse is the amount I yelled at him recently - he was always demanding food and getting in the way and he claimed my black cardigan and my fleece scarf as his sleeping spot - I just feel so guilty as he was ill then, just not complaining about it...

1 comment: