Monday 22 March 2010

Week 25

Thank fully the last week has been much calmer than the week before...and I feel the baby is really making me very aware that he is there! I am coping better with the kicks, although he did make me giggle last night and this morning when he got the hiccoughs! Poor little thing probably doen't have a clue what is happening and I've got no idea if I'm supposed to try to give him a shock or something to try and get rid of them for him! Maybe I should start reading the Dr Spock book Nicky bought for us to get an idea of what I'm expected to do!
I've had my first diabetes eye scan/test thing today... It seemed to go OK, except for the fact my left eye blinked for the 1st 4 attempts to photograph it and it apears my right eye is more photogenic!! I did suggest that the right was photographed again and the image simply reversed to replace the one of the left eye that didn't seem to want to work!

There is a small spot on the back of my right eye which could become a problem  in the future, so I guess that will also be closely monitored... The aim is also to fit another scan in before I have the baby so I have all that to look forward to as well! But one positive thought is my left side reflexes (i.e. my blinking) seem pretty much up to speed and working just fine!

I'm still trying to sort the book cases out here so I can keep as many of my books as possible...I know there is still at least 1 box of them upstairs I havne't opened for years and they will be just ready for me to start reading again! Thankfully the large bag of books I've agreed to give up so far aren't as important to me as the ones in this box are. I have no idea why but books are simply important to me and have been all my life - I ust hope I can pass my love of reading on to my child, it has been such a huge part of my life and has helped me an awul lot, I love finding a good story that I can lose myself in and escape from the 'daily grind'.

Maybe I need to find a proper story book and start reading stories now...to get him used to hearing them!?!!? And I'd prefer to get him into reading as opposed to his Fathers aim of brainwasing him to love 'The Simpsons' - If that happens I will really need a dog so I can at least escape and walk the dog whilst the pair of them watch the yellow people!

No comments:

Post a Comment