Thursday 25 March 2010

A mixed day...

Still not sleeping enough...I know it's good practice for once the baby is here, but I'm trying to go to work as well which is leaving me completely and utterly exhausted - and I doubt that is helping either me or the baby...

But there was some good news on the radio this morning...from next week the A20 out of Dover is banning lorries from going up the hill side by side. I've been moaning about this ever since I've been working down there. Trying to get away from Dover at the same time as the lorries being disgorged by the various ferries is never fun - especially when they are trying ot overtake each other going up what is basically a steep hill. It gets me really stressed and leads to road rage from many car drivers against the lorries that drive up the hill side by side on a 2 lane road stopping cars from getting up the hill at a steady, constant speed. The foreign lorries are also good at simply pulling out with no warning just because they think they can overtake the truck in front. The signs are already up and I really hope the police are going to enforce it or there is now point at all and the truckers will simply ignore it and carry on as usual.

Mum called this evening, my Aunt is in hospital and it doesn't sound too good. Even Dad has been making tentative plans on what he'll have to do if he needs to get up to Yorkshire quickly. I got told off for bursting into tears - but in my defence I am hormonal and it really doesn't take much to set me off at the moment.

I think it's safe to say I need a good weekend with some fun - not sure what I need to do but all I know is I really, really need to have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment