Friday 19 March 2010

Friday at last...

I've only actually been at work for 3 days this week as I had another ante natal clinic appointment on Tuesday...with yet another scan which didn't go down to well with the baby who has really had enough of being scanned.

The scan started off OK - and then the Sonographer had to tell me that the artery is still looking big... I could feel my blood pressure going up and told her fairly sharply that the consultant at Evelinas isn't worried... She shut up at that point and tested the blood flow through the Umbilical cord instead. That passed with flying colours and I was allowed to escape and saw a new Dr who has now called me back in 2 weeks rather than 4. But they now just want tokeep a closer eye on my Blood pressure etc which so far has behaved perfectly and it's my intention that it will continue to do so.

Wednesday and Thursday were fairly normal re. work but today was horrible driving... The Fog on the A20 was really thick and the idiots driving with no lights on got me stressed/annoyed and totally pissed off - especially the idiot in the silver Merc 4 wheel drive who completely vanished in the fog after ignoring everyone who was flashing lights etc at him. I just couldn't believe he was that thick and stupid. That sort of set the tone for my day and it went rapidly downhill from there...

I'm now really suffering from heartburn/indigestion and I ran out of Gaviscon last night. By 9.30 this morning it was back big time. I've never really understood why it is called heartburn until now, it really is painful... And seems to happen if I've eaten or not! But the baby was caught unching my stomach on one scan so I guess eating is irrelevant! I think from now on wherever I go so does my Gaviscon! I must have a chat with my midwife to see if I can get it on prescription - although thanks to Andy I now have a massive bottle to keep me going!

1 comment: