Wednesday 13 January 2010

Panic Stations!

I've not had a great 24hours... I started to panic yesterday morning when I started to bleed... Me being me I simply went into panic stations and tried to phone my Midwife who wasn't on duty. Nowhere in any of the books I've got does it say not to worry in this situation, so I went over the top I guess. I ended up talking to the hospital maternity unit in the end, probably to every member of staff before being told to go in on Friday for an emergency scan (This was on Tuesday!) I ended up going home at lunchtime to panic in the comfort of my own home and still trying to ge hold of a midwife!

It turned out my Drs were closed for Training (along with most of the surgeries in Ashford) so I ended up talking to South East Health who are terrible at calling back when they are supposed to - after I called them back again I got a call from a Dr, and to be honest I could hardly understand him, but he sent me in to SEE Doc at the hospital. After a fairly uncomfortable wait I saw a Dr who took my blood pressure and told me to go home unless the bleeding increased and relax and call my  midwife in the morning.

Thankfully Nicky called me this morning and was here by 12.00...the first thing she did was check for the baby's heartbeat, which I have now heard for the first time ever. I admit I cried, it sounded so amazing...and very strong! The poor little thing is only about 11.5 cm from head to bum at the moment but it seems happy in there! My blood pressure was up a tiny bit (As Nicky said, to be expected as I'd been in panic mode) and my urine test was fine so until I have a scan done everything is as fine as we can test for now! I feel so much better - but I want one of those doppler things so I can hear the baby whenever I want!


I've also started getting cravings - nothing weird yet, just bacon rolls! No idea why, but I had one for breakfast this morning (Andy bought me a couple of the microwavable type) and it was honestly the best thing I've ever tasted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment