Thursday 1 April 2010

The week didn't really get better...

I now have a streaming cold, cough and a throat that feels as though sandpaper would feel more soothing!  I also have a baby who really hasn't got the hang of letting Mum sleep at night...having read Dr Spock last night I can see that we are going to have to do some serious baby training once the baby is here!

My Midwife was quite amazed with my Blood pressure on Monday but it went downhill a little on Tuesday at the hospital as the results were a little higher (still not as high as i have done and not exactly dangerous at the moment) plus I'm also showing protein in my urine which is apparently not a good thing... So my poor midwife is coming out to see me on Sunday morning to test everything again for me. I'm doing my best not to worry, but if I'm tod to rest then that is what I'm doing...we've waited far too long for this baby already so I'm not risking anything.

Maybe I'll read Dr Spock to the baby and it may sink in so no baby training will be needed!!I can live in hope anyway!

Dear Mr Darling is still not helping my stress levels...FUel tax/duty (or whatever he's calling it now) went up 1p today...so why on earth did the price at the petrol stations on the A20 go up from 117.9 to 120.9? I know my maths can be suspect at times but I'm sure that is a 3p rise which is supposed o be the total amount over the next 11 months... I guess BP could just be cashing in but I'm certainly not buying petrol from them in the foreseeable future unless I get a 2nd mortgage to pay for a tank of petrol!

The lorries are still behaving (mostly) on the A20 although one of them has decided they don't like the sign banning tem from overtaking and has demolished it! But coming out of Dover this afternoon was fairly easy and more fun than fighting through lorries as they escape to the M20. It also helps that the lane on the M20 they blocked off has been reopened, always better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment