Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter + Anniversary = Pigging Out

Well Easter was fantastic - the weather was nowhere near as bad as the forecasts but the coughing was horrible...Saturday night was painful as someone objected to any coughing fairly strongly!

Nicki, the Midwife, was here Sunday morning and we both got a clean bill of health eclampsia wise but a fairly firm instruction to contact SEADOC regarding the cough as she was concerned it was an infection rather than just a hayfever related cough as I thought. We didn't phone them on Sunday as we went to my parents for lunch - always wonderful as I don't cook...I just stir!!!

Sitting around at Mum & Dad's was very relaxing - even introducing Dad to Facebook was stress free (no way was I letting him loose with my password and access to my account!) and we got home just after 7 so relaxed some more before settling down to watch Johnathan Creek!

Monday was a much better nights sleep - but I woke up coughing well so called SEADOC as instructed and it was suggested I go in to see them so thay could check my breathing etc and see if I needed antibiotics or not. We were told to be there for 1.30 so we decided to drop off the pair of crutches we'd uncovered in the Baby's room! We were out again by 1.40 with a prescription for antibiotics and a new steroid Asthma spray to help me breath/sleep etc! So a quick stop at Sainsburys and I was all done before we headed over the The Pheasant for the family fun day with Chippy, Sam & Emily. It was nice to just get out and sit and talk - probably what I needed to be honest!

Tuesday - Our  8th Wedding Anniversary and apparently it is Bronze this year! I'm afraid that didn't enter my head and to be honest I didn't have a clue that's what is was! Andy bought me a gorgeous new watch, similar to my current one but with a rather nice subtle difference! And it fits perfectly - what more could I want! We headed over to a pub in Brook for lunch... I did remember it once we arrived ' The Honest Miller' and I remembered the Landlord who isn't Welsh as I was advised at first but is a Geordie! We both had Lamb Shanks which were totally delicious and fell off the bone, with mashed potato, a mint gravy and mixed veg... I must confess I demolished the lot and then moved onto a chocolate Brownie with Mint Choc Chip Ice cream - seeing as I've been craving ice cream (and that flavour) since yesterday it was most welcome and didn't last long to be brutally honest! Andy had Jam Roly Poly with a lake of custard and his vanished too!

I really feel that we need to revisit the pub once the Saturday bike rides start again ...the sandwiches wihich went outside with the bowls of chips looked totally gorgeous even to a stuffed Mum to be!!!! Failing that I want to go there for lunch for my Birthday...Sharon the chef is fantastic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment