Friday 16 April 2010

Vocano Fun

Only my sister could manage to get herself stuck in Los Angeles thanks to a Volcano erupting in Iceland! She has also got her room stay extended for as long as she needs it and so far as I’m aware is busy soaking up the sun and enjoying the last few rides at Disney Land that she may have missed so far! In the meantime the rest of us are still here ‘enjoying’ the first ever Election Debate and waiting for the ash to get dumped on us from a great height!!


The Volcano is helping our industry – although from the news coverage you’d think the only company benefitting is P&O! We were notably absent from all the news coverage last night – which annoyed me intensely but nothing I can do about it! As P&O keep stuffing down everyone’s throats they are the ‘favourite’ way to cross the channel… Apparently one Man called their call centre to get to Paris so he could fly to China…not sure if they told him French airspace was also closed at that point or if they simply sold him a ticket! Most of our senior Management Team are in Copenhagen at the moment – 3 are now in a taxi being driven to Dunkerque so they can then cross on one of our ships – if there is space for them of course!

At the moment I’d quite enjoy being on a ship going across the Channel, it is a glorious day in Dover, a light wind, blue skies and a calm sea…Maybe I’m just ready for another cruise (not a possibility unless we win the lottery any time soon…)

Had a minor panic this morning, there was a distinct lack of movement from the vicinity of the bump. I know I moan about being kicked but it is really odd when it doesn’t happen. All I can think of is that the serious kicking that has been happening this week has worn him out and he’s having a POETS day today and taking it easy. I am feeling the occasional movement now, but nothing big and drinking diet Coke seems to be encouraging him to move a little more for some reason! But it has certainly helped my stress levels that I can now feel something…I guess I’m really going to miss that once he is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment