Friday 23 April 2010

Friday...

I am really not enjoying being off work... still can't walk and I'm not allowed to drive because of the co-codamol I'm on so I basically feel trapped at home....Scarily it is the same feeling as I had when I came home after hospital in 2008 as I wasn't allowed to drive then plus I was still learning to walk again. Not a great feeling to have regressed 2 years....

But the good news is it looks as though my sister and family will be home tomorrow lunchtime, they are booked on a flight that leaves LAX at 5.35 (US time) and should land here around 12.05 tomorrow lunch time. Dad admitted yesterday that he was missing them - so am I. And I'm totally anti Iceland and their Volcano - I want my little sister back. Possibly not as much As Barley wants her back but I have missed her far more than I thought I would.

Poor Andy has really suffered this week. He's had to go to London every day and plod his way to the course which hasn't helped his feet and then he's had to contend with me starting Maternity earlier that we had intended and the SPD starting so he's been cooking too as standing is one hell of a challenge and inbelieveably painful. I had heard about SPD but was really hoping it was another part of being pregnant I was going to avoid! Thinking back over the last few weeks I have a feeling I may have experienced a few  symptoms but ignored them... my pain threshold must still be silly in the same way that I didn't notice the Kidney Stones etc!!!! Or the indigestion distracted me so I didn't notice it! I think I may have to hit the Gaviscon right now as someone is kicking or punching my stomach and the burning feeling has started again... bless him!

Big step forward..(and a bad pun) but I've just managed to walk normally up the stairs!!! The pain killers are great, still don't think I'd want to walk far and I can't drive, but I feel so happy at simply doing something the way I normally would. To me 'Normal' is a really important word right now...

I'm also watching 'In the Night Garden' I know it's aimed at little ones but it just annoys me - I so hope he won't like it if I can bring myself to let him watch it! According to Andy's countdown thig we have 58 days left...it fels odd as one second that feels like forever and then the next second I'm in a blind panic that it's hardly any time at all. There is still so much I need to learn and get ready for. If I'm honest I could do with another 10 months to be ready to look after him. How will I know when he is hungry, sleepy etc and how is he going to fit into the way Andy and I live or is every little thing going to change?? Is there anyway we can keep the life we enjoy and are used to?

No comments:

Post a Comment