Saturday 10 April 2010

28 Weeks tomorrow

It is now official - I am getting scared! As of tomorrow I am 7 months pregnant and only have 10 weeks to go as the baby is arriving at 38 weeks... Isn't diabetes a wonderful thing!

I think the cravings are getting worse at the moment...I think I can smell chicken nuggets and McDonalds fries whenever I walk into the kitchen - crazy or what! Luckily Andy is at work at the moment so I'll just try to ignore the craving feeling - maybe it's worse as my blood sugar is down below 6 again and that always makes me feel a little odd... (good excuse or what!!)

Our little bundle of joy had me awake just after 3 this morning...and then my dearly beloved husband started some kind of early warning alarm for something so between the pair of them going back to sleep simply wasn't going to happen! I ended up getting up ust after Andy did so maybe I may resort to an afternoon nap! But the chances of that actually happening are looking remote as I'll probably find something I urgently need to do and it simply can't wait! One day I'll grow up and be sensible...until then I'll just carry on muddling through!

I wish I'd had a camera at work yesterday, my phone isn't good enough - there was a kind of optical illusion as I left the office. There was a thin covering of mist across the surface of the channel and the ships all looked as thought they were floating above the surface of the water. It was a brilliant blue sky and sunny and felt amazingly peaceful to be honest. My immediate reaction was to find somewhere to park the car and just go to sleep, but I needed to get home to collect some stuff from the pharmacy as I'd nearly run out of blood pressure stuff...not a great idea in my condition! As it was I had a slow drive home (still trying to be as economical as possible with petrol) and still made it in time to cause chaos when I collected my prescriptions! The people who make the blood pressure stuff are having problems with one of the main ingrediants (they can't get it!) so I now have 500mg tablets which I have to spilt every day so I get the right doseage!! Maybe I should invest in a pill splitter rather than wave large knives around...I have a feeling that would be far safer for my fingers!!!

My hormones are still all over the place...I watched an episoe of Glee earlier and ended up crying my eyes out for no reason at all. But I felt better for it and my midwife keeps telling me it helps keep my blood pressure down so I'm not going to fight it! Probably a good thing as Andy has just got home and is stressing out and I can feel my presure level going up as he stomps around... Guess I'd better go and feed him seing as he's been at work and I've just been stuffing things in the washing machine this morning! Not exactly taxing!

The cough is still going really well and to be honest the antibiotics are showing no signs of doing anything - but I guess my voice is now working better, but I can't stop coughing...although trying to seems to make it even worse and the baby really doesn't enjoy it, I guess coughing causes squashed baby syndrome so a fight back starts which usually makes me cough more!! This could be an interesting relationship once the baby is here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment