Saturday 17 April 2010

First Cycle & Pub of 2010!

Today was the first cycle ride and pub lunch of the year...as usual we took the easy option and drove! For which I'm really grateful... Not sure my centre of gravity is stable enough to allow me to balance on a bike!! And having seen some of the cyclists on ther arrival I'm not sure they were really up for some of the hills they tackled to arrive at the pub!

Apparently The Kings Head in Shadowhurst is well known for it's food...whoever said that wasn't exagerating! I had a Panini and a bowl of chips (was having a hungry day earlier!) and it was wonderful - and very filling!! I have to admit Kat decapitating prawns next to me was a tad off putting, but she soon got them all under control and stopped dropping body parts on the grass!!!

It was wonderful to be just sat in a pub garden under a clear blue sky soaking up some sun, I ha suggested my other half should have a cap with him but he didn't bother!!! Hopefully he didn't get too pink, I did get a little worried at one point but then realised the red umbrella was probably making things look worse that they were! I do worry about his head in the sun, at least I've got my mane to hide under - although I really want/need a haircut now as it has no style/shape at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment