Thursday 11 February 2010

Spoke too soon....

I might have said it was a quiet week and nothing was happening on Tuesday - me and my big mouth! It kept snowing yesterday while I was at work, but didn't seem to settle at all - I thought I was going to have to drive in it which I hate but wasn't too bothered/worried...Until I got into the car - the roads in the port were more of less clear, but were getting very slushy and slippy. The A20 was not great and soon went down to only 1 useable lane - and my ABS kicked in fairly often and I found the car is good at switching its own hazard warning lights on...which scared me even more...

It wasn't helped by Polish and Czech lorries hurtling past at high speed sending snow/slush/ice flying which made the visability even worse. The A20 coastbound was at a total standstill as there were a couple of accidents and a fuel spill - no fun at all for them but if I'm honest I would prefer to have not been moving rather than trying to drive on an icerink - there certainly hadn't been any grit on that road yesterday... Although I'm not sure it would have helped in those conditions. There may have only been a coupe of inches of snow, but I have never been as scared as I was trying to drive home, Dover to the Roundhill tunnell took over 40 minutes, thankfully the M20 was a little better, so long as you stuck to lanes 1 &2...and it got worse once I got back to Ashford.

THe forecast last night redicted more snow and they were spot on, I was supposed to be going to Canterbury from work this morning - and having heard the road reports on the radio at 6 (having been up several times during the night to check on the weather, I sent a text to my manager to take the day as holiday, much to Andy's relief as I dont think he wanted me driving around this morning...I was up by 6.30 taking photos though....

I did have to go out this morning though - I've finally managed to get me blood pressure medication, it appears all manufacturers of Methyldopa are having trouble sourcing the raw materials and so none is being produced/sent out and it is becoming a little like rocking horse droppings in it's rareity. But I now have just under 3 weeks supply and have put another prescription request into the Drs which should hopefully give the chemists time to try and track more down for me! But I am seeing my consultant again before I run out so I'll check if ther is anything else I can take in it's place until I have the baby... I don't want to risk any blood pressure problems affecting him/her.

I did find a new set of hero people this morning. I was being lazy and cleared the windscreen of snow using the wipers as  I was sat in the warm in the car and didn't feel like scraping snow off...Andy came out to clear the windscreen properly and when lifting the wipers off the screen they didn't got back properly and the passenger side wasn't even touching the screen. So the trip to the pharmacy was via Wilmoths who looked at the car straight away - Nigel did warn me I may have to pay for the repair as it wasn't really covered by the warrrenty (apparently it doesn't cover blonde moments) but it turned out I'd simply bent one of the arms so it was all fixed free of charge for me! I know many people give main dealerships a bad press, but I trust Wilmoths and they look after me and my cars really well. All I need to do now is convince then to let me swap my C2 for a C3 for no additional charge- it would mlife with the baby so much easier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment