Friday 26 February 2010

Big Day!

There was great excitement yesterday…we’ve finally got to the 20 week scan! I have to admit I never expected to get to this point so it all feels very strange to me…especially as Tadpole had found that legs are very good for waving around and has managed to land a few good kicks – especially when someone has been poking or prodding around my bump!


Andy got a little exasperated with me before we left for the hospital as I had my usual ‘I really have to go session’ and this time I meant it! There are somethings in nature I simply can’t stop – and this was one of them!

I did get a bottle of water to take with me but once we’d checked in at X-Ray reception and walked down to the maternity unit we were called in right away! The Sonographer was another new one to me and was very sweet – but Tadpole was not helping in the slightest and for the first half of the scan refused point blank to give any indication whether were were on Team Blue or Pink! As a result there was a fair amount of poking and prodding done to get the best angles for measurements – I really paid for that later! Eventually the team colour was decided, to be honest I wasn’t too bothered, all I want is a healthy baby at the end of all this!

Most of the measurements needed were done but not all so it looks as though I’m back there in the next 10 days for another try, and hopefully a few more pictures, My baby takes after me in not wanting photos taken and that’s before we’ve even got to birth! I can confirm Tadpole is also extremely stubborn and seems to get addicted to things very quickly…for example the kicking! Now we’ve worked out how to do it…it’s all day really! Maybe I need to learn some lullabies for when I’m driving home – I’d prefer not to get kicked on the Motorway, it’s a bit distracting!!!

If you want to know which team colour we got just ask...we did find it out by the end!

1 comment:

  1. I knew what it was......and I was right.
    I am glad you are enjoying the whole experience....which is how it should be.
    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete