Saturday 6 February 2010

Week 19...

As of tomorrow I am 19 weeks pregnant. Still without bumpage but one of the forums I'm a member of another Mum to be pointed out that we tallerladies don't get bumps as quickly as smaller ones as we have a bit more space for the baby to move around and fill before they have to start growing outwards! So I guess being tall is a slight advantage for me! I'm still fitting in most of my clothes at the moment - a couple of pairs of trousers are a little uncomfortable, but i never used to wear them that often so I'm not really changing how I dress in the slightest!

Gizmog is driving Andy and I up the wall at the moment, he won't leave us alone and is getting increasingly vocal. He has been locked out twice so far today and just started boxing his cat flap against the locking plate thing - almost as annoying as his yelling. Please, does anyone want a cat before I work out how to launch him into space??

My appontment at the diabetes clinic on TUesday went really well! My last blood test gave me a result of 6.6 against a target of 6.5!!! I got a virtual pat on the head and a well done in my notes - which meant alot to me as I still have days when I feel Im not controling my blood sugar in the slightest, bit it appears I'm not doing to bad so far! I may still have to go onto proper insulin before my pregnancy finishes, but compared to my first appointment that isn't happening any day soon! And may still not happen at all! I got home on Friday to a letter from my GP asking to see me to discuss my recent blood test... I can only assume they haven't realised I'm being looked after a diabetes team and want to fiddle around and mess around with my current treatment...I'm very tempted not to bother as I'm quite happy with the care I'm getting from my team right now and I don't need one of the junior Drs at my GP's surgery trying to prove their worth. If the treatment I'm getting now is working why mess with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment