Thursday 2 September 2010

Stressy Driving

I currently have a very ill hubby - man flu has struck and has left me in a very quiet house as the main symptom is a lost voice! Mikey is talking louder than Daddy at the moment!

This morning I was being a loving wife and heading for Boots to buy Strepsils (which I forgot to buy yesterday) and Mars Bars which are apparently essential mediation for Man Flu! As I drove slowly along Brookfield road I had to stop at the first set of lights, as I stopped a large gentleman in a high Vis waistcoat and a daft cap wobbled along the road on his bike. I was under the impression that traffic lights apply to cyclists as well as motorists but he jsut carried on pedaling and sailed straight through the lights. Once we law abiding motorists got moving again it was easy to see where he's got to because of the wide berth everyone gave him as we went past - I've never seen anyine stick their knees out so far before!

Driving back from Boots left me even more stressed. As I was crawling up to the Cow roundabout due to the road being taken down to 1 lane, I got increasingly annoyed by the number of driver who were screaming up the inside lane and then forcing their way into the other lane, thus slowing us down even though we'd been patiently working our way up the road. Once I got round the cow roundabout heading down to the tank roundabout there was the usual Ashford idiot turning right from the left hand lane...I will admit I used the acceleration on my little rocket to make sure they didn't get infront of me, by this point I'd had enough and just wanted to get home.

This evening we a big event in the Zerfahs household - we went out and left Mikey at home!! Not alone of course, he had his very first babysitter and I really hope he behaved himself for her! We saw 'Grown ups' Not a film you had to think about at all, but funny and really a good choice for our first trip out sans baby!  I was not happy leaving him but I knew he was in safe hands, and I only checked my phone a couple of times...

No comments:

Post a Comment