Tuesday 7 September 2010

Drs, immunisations and Mikey

We finally got the 8 week immunisations done today! We started off with my post natal check - Mikey is only 11 + weeks now!! That was really a waste of time. It really felt as though everything I said was totally ignored/disregarded and unimportant, I got the idea quickly that I was just supposed to sit quietly, smile and agree with everything the Dr said to me.

Once he was satisfied that I was fine (whatever I thought!) we moved onto Mikey's check up. This involved Mikey being naked  - I just left his nappy on until I had to remove it as I know my son is a great fountain when he wants to! I think Mikey has had a small growth spurt...he had grown 3 cm in length since last Wednesday and his head has also grown - I am so relieved it wasn't that size when I was trying to give birth to him! Weighing Mikey took a bit longer. The first attempt came out a kilo less that last week - There is no way he has lost weight (my bad back confirms that!) but by the third attempt we worked out that the scales were being held up at one end, making Mikey lighter than he really is! It turns out he has put another 200g on in the last 6 days - but it is fine to feed him as much as he wants as he could put more on if he wants to!

I was then allowed to re-dress Mikey and let reception know we had the all clear for the infamous jabs! Mikey settled in his car seat happily until we were called into the nurses room, he then decided he was a touch peckish! He soon started on his 4th bottle of the day, only pausing to scream as the first injection was done - but that stopped as I tried to remove his bottle! He did scream briefly when the second injection was given b ut again stopped as soon as Evil Mum tried to remove his bottle! We've now booked in for his second lot on 5th October...hopefully he will have forgiven me by then!

Life is due to start getting busy from next week...Friday I start an Art course designed ot help my post natal depression, the Wednesday after we start a baby massage course and at some point we will also sart to visit an Osteopath for some baby cranial massage to help Mikey relax and hopefully improve his colic/reflux (which the Dr today also ignored - plus he had never heard of this type of treatment!?!?! I'm a little concerned to be honest!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment