Saturday 18 September 2010

Still limping...

We're now over a week on from my spectacular (not) slip outside the Osteopath's office and I'm still hobbling around like a 90 year old. Mikey and I have been travelling to my parents for most of this week, Daddy has been dropping us off on his way to work - I have discovered that my son is really not a morning person and is not ah his most smiley/happy at 8.00 in the morning. Also he doesn't like Wednesdays and was a real grump all day as well as screaming everytime the car stopped in the morning, we have not yet grasped the concept of traffic lights or other traffic!!

It has been a fantastic help being at my parents - 1) I can't pick Mikey uo and walk with him and 2) they have a downstairs loo! I think Mikey has enjoyed it too, although hopefully he didn't listen too carefully to the rugby songs Grandad was singing instead of nursery rhymes! I think personally I'd prefer him to stick to the periodic table for now rather than Mary Had a Little Lamb in various versions....along with a few other songs I've managed to forget - along with some of the 'jokes' that came out!! Thankfully at 3 months he can't repeat anything yet or remember stuff!!!

Yesterday we stayed at home and then went to the Bluebell Childrens Centre - Mikey went into the creche and I'n doing a 2 hour art/craft course to give me a break! It was good fun and Mikey slept through his 2 hours without waking up once! Next week I will have to avoid feeding him just before we go! I think the nurses we a little disappointed he didn't wake up or need them this time... but I can't stand the screaming if you try to delay feeding him. And I thought his Dad was bad about feeling hungry!! One big plus about this course is you get lunch provided... considering when  it's just me and Mikey I don't always get round to having lunch at all it's great to walk in and find it all waiting for you!! And the staff are constantly offering drinks etc so you can just relax and be you rather than being someones Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment