Sunday 31 March 2013

Memories

I'm not sure if it is because of my current migraine (which resulted in several houts in a darkened room yesterday) but for some reason lots of old, forgotten memories seem to be creeping back into my brain. And probably forcing something important out...

For some reason I've gone back 13 years to 2000 and my first encounter with "energize' I already knew I couldn't see Andy at the beginning of the week due to bowljng and an ongoing commitment on Tuesday evenings involving the people I was going to meet on Easter Sunday afternoon. At that point I only knew where Andy lived, but we were only going round the corner...

To say I was nervous was one hell of an understatememt. My boyfriend of a couple of weeks had warned me that of the people I was going to meet didn't like me, the relationship was over. No pressure then! !!

I messed things up from the very beginning by asking who the 2 men outside were...I was quickly told one was a woman. Luckily things improved from there and I only got sexualities wrong from then on  - but waited until we left to ask anymore questions. And I'm fairly sure I have apologised to the people I made a mistake about! !!

One memory I do hold dear is the fact that everyone there that afternoon welcomed me and I am so pleased that 13 years later with everything that has happened to all of us, I can still call them my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment