Sunday 10 March 2013

Guilty Pleasure

Sunday evening is one of my guilty pleasures...basically I'm a bit of a Gleek! I know I'm not their target audience but I enjoy it. Tonight was a Christmas episode which also touched on the pressures to conform. The character Marley has either anorexia or bullimia and Sue Sylvester who is usually the person you love to hate broke into her home and left a tree and money for treatment.

As the mother of a boy I had hoped I'll never see my child feel under pressure to conform to peer group pressure. Yet he has already asked if he is fat and if he should be on a diet...HE ISN'T EVEN 3 YET.

I have no idea who has put these ideas into his head but right now he is in proportion and neither over or underwriter.  Who the hell tells a toddler that he is fat

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it likely that he hears Andy and you talking about your diets, calorie counting etc ? Andy seems to be very concerned about being overweight and boys do want to be like their dads. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete