Tuesday 5 March 2013

Crash Down

Today has been a day of extremes...I started of apprehensively as yesterday with Mikey was best described as a total nightmare. But today he was a totally different child, cute, smiley and cuddly. I put the change down to him realising that there won't be any massive changes and possibly he had picked up that the changes may not happen until next week.

But as I found out earlier this evening there are not going to be any changes at all. My agency called to let me know that they have been having a major row with Verifone who have decided that the job they offered to me on Friday has been subsequently offered to an ex-employee who had resigned to go and travel. Also the job has altered to a 3 month probation which will then turn into a permanent role. Apparently this person has stayed in tough with their previous manager (not the credit control manager) and they handed them the vacancy without checking with the Manager handling the appointment. Paul who looks after me at the Agency is furious as they messed me around a few weeks ago by fibbing about calling me when they didn't, and then they offer me the job very quickly following my phone conversation but also demand a basic CRB check and a credit check as well to be done prior to me starting. I was also asked if I would commit to staying for at least 3 months as recently they have had a couple of temporary staff walk out after 1 or 2 days. I agreed to all this and have been sending scanned copies of forms and proof if ID all over the place!

I was very calm while I was talking to Paul, but if I'm honest I am tempted to go and put a large stone of brick through as many of their windows as I can (but then again that would bugger up any future CRB check) He is almost as angry as I am and has told me that I have acted professionally throughout this fiasco and he is now searching even harder to find something for me. I have used this Agency before and they have always acted professionally on my behalf, it is just a shame that some of their clients find it impossible to act ethically. Having worked for a couple of US Companies in the past I know how keen most of the reputable are to show their ethical work practises and how they care about the people they employ. It is a shame that VERIFONE aren't one of them. Personally I hope that Michael Page International aren't left out of pocket for the work they have done on my behalf...and maybe I have had a lucky escape as they really don't like to treat their temporary staff well - maybe I should have picked that up from the 2 before me who walked out so quickly...

Just a thought, they are opposite a pub...maybe someone will do what I'm not brave enough to...

No comments:

Post a Comment