Sunday 3 March 2013

All change!

When I left CSL after being made redundant I sort of decided it was going to take me 3 months to find another job. Finding the job at CSL had taken me less that this and I can only think I was making an allowance for the downturn in the UK's finances. I know from experience that when times get tough credit controllers are usually sacrificed early as although we collect money, we don't actually generate any extra income personally. This time it has taken me 3 months and 1 day - I am taking this as a success as February only has 28 days and I was interviewed and got the job on 1st March (also my Mum's birthday, another good omen I hope)

I will be working for Verifone, provided all my credit and CFB checks come back ok, I am happy that I'll still be in Ashford rather than on the other side of Maidstone in the middle of nowhere. Since 2008 my priorities really have changed and I really want to find that illusive state known as work/life balance. Even more so since Mikey's arrival...I've had my time dashing around and putting work above everything else. I have finally accepted that I'm not irreplaceable, I am not essential to a large, international company and if I am not there it is easy to replace me. But replacing my son...not possible.

Although the last 2 days have not been easy with Mikey, we are well into the 'Terrible Twos' This morning I had a wooden car track and a basket full of cars and various crayons thrown at me. Hopefully the fact I haven't taken my blood thinning tablets over the last few days will mean I won't get too many bruises. In the end after moving most of his toys to the kitchen I decided we both needed a time out so I somehow got him up stairs (thank goodness my hair was tied back as he was trying to grab a handful or 2 while also kicking me. I'm also relieved I hadn't put his shoes on earlier, he got dumped into bed rather unceremoniously and the gate on his doorway was shut so he couldn't escape. I went up to check on him once the yelling had quietened down and he was fast asleep. It seems now he can get out of bed himself he's getting himself up far too early. He already has a blackout blind, maybe a gro-clock is a good idea as it shows him clearly when it's ok to get u and when he should be asleep...

We are also still having fun with food...or a lack of food if I'm honest! He will still happily eat microwaved french fries with a side of Ketchup, spicy couscous, and spaghetti or beans. Fromage frais is also still a big favourite, both for it's taste and the mess it can create. But as for protein from meat - not happening at all...on a really good day he might eat a quarter of a fish finger (provided it is smothered in ketchup).

I'm sure he is going to love being back with his childminder, it gets him away from his terrible mother who seems to spend most of her time saying No to whatever he wants to do...Plus he'll have a whole conservatory full of new toys to play with. And being next door to the playground is even better - for a 2 year old it is going to be heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment