Thursday 14 March 2013

And it's over

Well my time as a Utility has ended rather abruptly. The reason I was given at lunchtime was that I hadn't picked up their computer systems quickly enough... I started yesterday and only got logon ID's etc at lunchtime today. Also having been responsible for new starters in a variety or work places I would never treat a new starter in the way I was treated...

1) I never even met the team leader
2) There was no structure to the training I had, yesterday afternoon I was listening in to phone calls and watching the systems being used, so I was only shown the 'bits' needed for those calls.
3) I was new to the water industry and they used jargon like it is going out of fashion...nobody gave me any insight or background. All I knew I found out on the intranet today.
4) I was given no opportunity to reply...the decision was made and I was left feeling small, insignificant and totally useless. My self confidence has had another huge knock and now I have to start the repair/patching job again.

I had a good cry with Mikey once we got home and got a hug from our neighbour and then started job hunting again... I have applied for another 10 and have been called by one Agency about 1 already. The perfect job for me is out there somewhere...all I have to do is find it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I've been job hunting for nearly two years now.....

    ReplyDelete