Sunday 2 May 2010

Week 31

This has been a nice week...mainly because I've had Andy around! Although I don't think he liked having me around as I slow things down and stop him doing what he wants whne he wants to!! Poor love has now been away from work for 2 weeks and spent the 1st week going up and down to London for  course and the second week emptying what is starting to look more like a nursery thanks to all the stuff Frankie has loaned us. Our baby is now officially going to be far better dressed that either of his parents! I can honestly say nothing I own has a Jasper Conran, Ralph Lauren or Dior label in it! There is also Baby K clothing which is decidedly cute so I really hope the Sonographer has been right and he is a boy!

We also have a steriliser, baby gym, moses basket, bumbo seat and a load of other stuff...my little car was pretty much full to the roof once everything was piled in!  We're both really grateful to Frankie and I feel so much better that we are now much better equipped than before and if he arrives early we can cope with what we currently have - just need to paint now!!!

Yesterday was our 5 hour antenatal class. I admit I was concerned how Andy would feel but he seemed ok...the hysteria regarding using pineapples to trigger labour probably helped! All I will say is use our imaginaition and you'll probably be close to thinking along the lines we 18 did! I felt so sorry for Rachel, we really weren't taking anything seriously at all!!! I think the bit aout the placenta may have made por Andy a little queasy - the chancs of him heading down that end are now none existant! Poor darling thought the plaenta was a bit like a clear jelly I think...finding out it looks like raw liver  and pulsates after you 'give birth' to it really threw him - plus being told it just needs flash frying like blue steak if you want to eat it made him VERY green!! Luckily he doesn't have to go to the next session as it's women only and I think were taling about tearing etc and the really nasty bits...I really don't want to have the first husband to pass out if I can avoid it!!!

Mum and Dad are still on their cruise right now. It looks as though Dad forgot to get international roaming turned on for his phone as it won't work and he's having trouble getting his Notebook connected to the wireless network on board...but we have had a couple of mails from him and they appear to be having a great time. Unfortunately whilst they've been away Mum's cousin has died... it wasn't totally unexpected as she has been fighting Cancer for a while. Thankfully the funeral isn't until after Mum & Dad get back so she can go to say goodbye. Dad's sister has also gone back into hospital, but Nicky & I have only heard about that via facebook and havent had an update yet - plus she is in Yorkshire so there really isn't much we can do from here in Kent.

No comments:

Post a Comment