Friday 14 May 2010

A mixed up kind of day

I have had some pampering today!!! My wonderful sister treated me to a haircut and I'm no longer blonde! It was Nicky's idea and I've had a semi permanent tint out on which is a reddish colour and makes my hair look far healthier! I've also had a fair amount chopped off and to be honest feel far better for losing the bulk and weight!! It is also still possible to clip the front back and hopefully keep it out of baby fists! I'm hoping he won't grab my hair and pull too hard...(well I can dream!)

We hit the coffee shop at Waitrose for lunch - I had a beef, horseradish and watercress baguette. It was wonderful and it was followed by  cup cake that was basically a cake version of an after 8 mint taste wise. I've been drooling over their cakes for months and I dread to think what it may have done to my blood sugar levels, but in my defence I'm pregnant and the baby was craving it!!!!

We then moved on to Matalan where the baby gained 3 more little suits - one with Tigger!!! And Nick got a couple of tops...one of which may be trailed on Michael Buble tomorrow night (although I think he may not survive the evening as she wants to take him home with her!) While we were there Nick got a phone call from Dad...My Aunt died this afternoon, thankfully she wasn't ill for that long and now is no longer in pain... Right now I'm not sure how I'm feeling, a bit numb is the closest I can come up with. It has been decided that I am not going to the funeral as the journey would be decidedly uncomfortable for me and also knowing me I'd decide to go into labour up there. The sensible part of me totally understands this, but the emotional bit of me wants the chance to say my final goodbye and close off a part of my life.

I was very proud of the way I didn't fall apart at the news... it was then a quick trip home to pick up my notes then off to my Drs to have my retinal scan done. I'm supposed to have this done 3 times during my pregnancy - this was the second and seeing as I only have 6 weeks (ish) left I don't think there will be another one before I have the baby!!! I have more of less stopped seeing dots from the flash now, and next time I'll have to have the pupil dilating drops - one advantage of being pregnant is you don't have to have them! I hope this time doesn't show any problems - the person taking the pictures didn't pick anything up so there isn't an obvious problem showing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment