Thursday 13 May 2010

Nothing

The title sums up my life at the moment. Nothing is happening and won't for a few more weeks and much as I'd love to speed things up there is nothing I can do to safely achieve that.

I know being at home is helping me and I feel 100 times better than I was doing a month ago - plus I know the stress and all the muttering that will be going on at work plus the second guessing and trying to analyse simple straightforward comments would be driving me up the wall - however much the 'boss' asks people not to I know that the only topic of conversation will be exactly what they don't want it to be. I would have only ended up feeling even more excluded than normal as I know I wouldn't want to join in as I prefer to keep my opinions and thoughts re redundancy to myself...I need to work through things in my way.

One thing I have done this week is actally buy some maternity clothes! I got fed up trying to fit into clothes I already had and feeling extremely uncomfortable all day. I was very lucky that I heard about Mamms & Papas closing in the outlet! Viva told us on Monday at the NCT Mum's get together so I dragged Andy in on Tuesday (didn't help his grumpy mood!!) and I also nipped in yesterday as the trousers I bought on Tuesday are already in their smallest size and keep falling down!! I bought another pair but they are a tad long and as they have turn ups are a littel beyond my sewing skills to turn up! If anyone has any suggestions on how I do that please let me know!!! I also bought a skirt that is a size I'd never have contemplated before I was pregnant... It does appear that I'm not putting that much weight on, nuch to my relief! I think ANdy is very relieved that the shop closes today so I'll not be nipping in again - but in my defence I have saved over £130 on the ful priced stuff and it will still be useful after I've had the baby :) All I need to do now is stretch a bit more so he has enought room and doesn't kick and shove so much!!! Although it is fun trying to identify body parts when he does!! He seems to enjoy having his head strocked, but he does seem to have realised now that there really isn't room to somersault any more so I'll have to wait until he arrives to do that again...

One thing I've really noticed this week is my appetite has vanished again. The thought of eating makes me feel really ill at the moment, and the idea of cooking doesn't help either. Cookery programmes are great as I can't smell anything, but they don't inspire me to actually eat. Andy keeps worrying that the baby will suffer, but I'm hardly fading away and the baby will take whatever he needs if I'm eating or not! As Dr Bob told me last year they are basically parasites and won't suffer...if they need something they will find it and take it! And all his growth charts are fine/normal and weight wise he seems perfectly average...thankfully not a dreaded 'Sugar Baby'!!!!

Tomorrow is a little more exciting! I'm having my hair cut!!! No idea what I'm going to have done so again any suggestions (sensible please!!!) are welcome! I know it needs to be shorter so it's quicker to control and I think having been growing the fringe out for over a year I'm having that put back in... but other than that I'm stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment