Friday 7 May 2010

The morning after the night before....

Well as elections go that one was a dead loss!!! Nobody is an outright winner and Gordon Brown hasn't yet resigned as he seems to think he can carry on. Personally I'm fed up being represented by a big, grey, unsmiling man to the rest of the world...But that is my opinion and I'm also pregnant to my opinions are rather odd at the best of times!

As Dave has said the result in Ashford was a foregone conclusion - and we didn't have a Pirate or Monster Raving Looney to add any comedy value... I got a letter from the Conservtives and the Lib Dems shoved a flyer through the door on Wednesday reminding you to go and vote...as for any other candidates I don't have a clue who they were! I certainly didn't hear from any of them or see any sign of a ny campaigning going on... So much for a democratic choice being offered!!!

I did see the first lot of results come in, at which point I retired to bed and I think I passed out!! Once I'd demanded  hug from Andy as I wasn't feeling too great as I heard my job goes in September. I knew it was coming and I'd already decided I wasn't going back but it still hits hard when you actually hear it is going to happen... I haven't yet been told officially, just via Facebook - but to be honest that also fits in with my expectations. I really feel out of sight and out of mind and I don't feel that anyone there is missing me or has even noticed I'm no longer there...It really is time for a change!

I am going to miss one thing about the election campaign...all 3 leaders have a fantastic ability to send our baby to sleep! He wasn't in a rush to wake up this morning either, but since I've turned the news off I've had the usual wriggles and the odd foot, elbow etc poking out...poor little thing is running out of space fast now I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment