Tuesday 11 May 2010

Penultimate clinic...

Or at least I hope so!

I was up at 4.30 this morning - scans now terrify me as they are so good at finding problems for us so I retired to the bathroom for an early morning contemplation session. There was no chance of going back to sleep with the noise Andy was creating through snoring etc. I'm now wondering who will wake who up once the baby is here!!! But I guess he should at least know what the noise is as he's already heard it!

By 7 I'd had enough and got up and dressed, Andy also woke up (probably due to me opening the curtains!) and went downstairs to have a nap!! I was good this morning and even had breakfast with my glass of apple juice and pile of pills!

We got to the hospital just after 9 as I needed to have a blood test done and Tuesday is ACC (??) blood clinic day which does make things rather manic! I got my ticket at about 9.15 and finally got in jsut before 10! As usual the veins in both arms vanished so I now have yet another nice bruise apearing on the back of my left hand, in exactly the same spot the bruise from the last blood test has just vanished from! But at least it's done now and we then headed over to the X-ray reception to check in for the scan... 15 minutes later we were headed for fetal medicine as ther ewas a slight queue mainly made up of people who hadn' bothered to bring the appointment letters with them!! One in the right place we didn't have to wait long and the scan was underway. The first thing found was his heart which was beating fine and no comments about arteries thank goodness! Lots of measurements were made and he is perfectly in the middle of all expected graphs and isn't too big - right now he is just over 4lbs which I'm quite happy with as we still have 6 weeks to go!!!

Unfortuntely the placenta is behind him and they sonographer couldn't quite make out where it is situated...so at the next scan I have to have an internal one so they can get a clearer picture about there it is. I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to that having just googled it...But at least we will then know the safest option for his birth - but at the moment labour is looking more likely than a c-section!!!

2 comments:

  1. ACC - Anti Coagulant Clinic. A very good reason not to go to hospital on a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - but the Ante natal clinic is also only on Tuesdays...and I'm not paying £1.70 simply to get my blood sugar tested!!! Only 1 more of those to get done now... so hopefully only 1 more bruised hand!!

    ReplyDelete