Sunday 9 May 2010

Post 100!

Well it's taken me a while but I've finally hit 100 entries!! Plus we've also hit 32 weeks so I guess I'm now officially 8 months pregnant... something I really never thought would happen to me :) I'm happily getting fat now, the diet starts in July!!

I had a small breakthrough today - I managed to drive to Sainsburys on my own and got home without hitting anyone or anything!!! I can't say I was comfortable and it didn't hurt - right now I'm feeling decidedly in pain but it is bearable so I'm still avoiding taking any painkillers. The baby is awake and I prefer feeling him move during the day rather than have him wriggling all night and keeping me awake! And I feel guilty if I take something which has an effect on him as he has no say in the matter... Does this mean I'm going to be a guilt ridden Mum???

One thing that realy 'hit' me this morning was the state of the 'Cow roundabout' (Officially known as Drovers Roundabout) For some reason every tree and bush that was previously on it has been cut down. It is apparently something to do with road widening and drainage work (I'm really not looking forward to them starting that lot!) but it doesn't feel that long since they relaid the brick work round the edge of it - what a waste of time and money that was! The removal of trees may not be a good thing anyway... it may just be down to pregnancy brain but it felt to me that everyone was driving round it an awful lot faster than they ever used to before. I wonder how long it will be until there is a pile up...or has it already happened?? The trees along the road from Junction 9 to the roundabout have also been removed, the whole area looks desolate now - I wonder if anything will be replanted to replace what has been killed/destroyed? I do hope so, I much prefer living in a predominantly green area (Maybe I'll have to move to Brighton...!!)

I got the employee pack from work yesterday... It is safe to say once I've had the baby job hnting will need to start again. I know I didn't want to go back to Dover anyway, but it hurts having the decision taken away from me and it feels as though I've been thrown on a rubbish heap yet again. My plan was to find a part time job somewhere closer to home - but I need to find out how long my maternity pay will continue for as it looks as though the work is off to Belfast in early September, but I have had it in writing that ordinary Maternity Leave lasts until 29th October so I'm not sure if they can change it now... But at least I should get something for redundancy at least (although the paranoid voice in my head keeps telling me they'll try to wriggle out of paying me anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment