Monday 24 August 2009

Portsmouth




I had a fantastic time in Portsmouth.... I wandered through Old Portsmouth and went up the Spinnaker Tower and was exceedingly brave and crossed the glass floor... at 100m up! There are some photos of it on Facebook! The view from the Tower was fantastic and I even managed to snap a submarine coming into harbour without even noticing it until I looked at the photos afterwards!


We had dinner at a great chinese place in Gunwharf Quays, The Water Margin is really good food and I even managed to use chopsticks!! And the Chinese Tea was really good - I think I may have drunk a pot on my own!!


The drive was the furthest I've driven on my own since before I was ill last year. If I'm honest I felt extremly proud of myself for making it there in one piece and without getting lost. ( the sat nav has been re-christened Belinda as her voice has been changed and she is much more polite!!!)


I was back in Kent on Saturday evening as I had an MRI Scan on Sunday morning... This time I tried really hard not to panic - it really helped that nobody took the panic button off me and they let me test it so I could hear it was working!!! I had 2 scans and survived both - I think the little bug crawling around in the tube helped as I got very distracted watching it!




Today I had to see my GP at 8.50 (not fun) as they wanted to look at all the medication I'm on. The Dr I was seing is really not my favourite and she decided I need some more blood tests
as the last time they tried to do them my blood clotted so they couldn't!! I'm back to being an enigma I guess!!! I tried to make an appointment at the surgery, but the one nurse who can get blood out of me doesn't have an free appointment until next Friday...so it was back to the hospital - I feel I have earned a personalised parking spot now!!! It took 2 nurses to extract the blood from me, but my GP should have the result this afternoon. I'm seeing her again on Wednesday morning...

1 comment:

  1. First...grats on driving to Portsmouth.
    Second...mega grats on going up the tower. I couldn't do that....the glass floor.....oh they would be scraping me off it.

    Good luck at the quacks.

    ReplyDelete