Sunday 27 March 2011

A week on...

My one big achievement this week is I've one a full week at work for the first time since March 2010!! It should have happened last week but a transit van made sure that didn't happen!

I've been driving the focus around this week -I was told I would get an equivalent car to mine... OK, so they've given me a 1.6 car but it is like I'm driving an oil tanker to be honest! I look in the rear view mirror and it feels as though the back of the car is miles away! But as a friend pointed out I do feel safe in it due to it's size. The other positive this week was my diabetes check up - I'm now down to 1 tablet a day and there is a good chance that could be dropped further in 4 weeks time! It is possible that it was gestational diabetes as I was diagnosed after I was pregnant (I just didn't know I was!) + I got through the whole pregnancy without being switched to insulin... but they will still keep a close eye on me as it is very possible that I could still end up with full blown diabetes in the future so I guess I still need to carry on with the infamous diet.

We are heading over to Nanny & Grandad's this afternoon, but right now both Mikey & Daddy are having an afternoon nap, but I guess that means I will get to 'enjoy' Mikey singing in the car later, I forgot to warn Daddy that he does this earlier this week so I think it shocked him slightly...must find a child friendly CD to have in the car today - all suggestions gratefully received! We don't have any childrens cd's yet - except a lullaby one which I don't really want on when I'm driving! I know he likes Queen...maybe that is an option!

Work seems to be going well, I think my brain is starting to forgive me and also remember stuff which may be useful! I'm also improving my geography...we really do seem to work all over the world! I need a world map on the screen in front of my desk so at least I know where I'm chasing money from!

Mikey is loving his baby walker - he isn't too impressed with the carpet though as it means he can't move too easily! But I don't fancy going down to the floorboards as I have a feeling it would be a little drafty/cold for us! Nice if we have a hot summer, but not so great in the autumn/winter I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment