Tuesday 8 March 2011

All change

I got a phone call yesterday offering me a job...I'm slightly astounded to be honest but also totally excited whilst feeling terrible at the thought of leaving my little darling Mikey... Why do we have to be torn in 2 directions?? I know Andy is also being affected as he would prefer me to be looking after him but, to put things simply, we can't afford for me to stay at home unless we both stop eating and wanting to go anywhere! At the moment I am hopefully starting on Friday but I have not yet had the paper work through so it could be Monday or later instead! But we do have a time restraint as the person I'm sort of replacing goes on Maternity leave at the start of April so the date isn't exactly a majorly movable one!

Tomorrow we're off out with my sister - Bluewater beware! I think we're going out for lunch to celebrate slightly... All I have to do is convince Mikey he wants to get up and moving earlyish and that he actually wants to get dressed rather than stick to one of his nice comfy babygrows! I need to pack lunch etc this evening as it'll save me no end of time in the morning. I have a feeling we will have to visit the Disney Store - another first for someone provided he doesn't fall asleep at the wrong time!! But I doubt he'll fall asleep - there will simply be far too much for him to see! And knowing how nosey he is he won't want to miss a thing!

Yesterday he gave Ashfords new garden centre his seal of approval! And seeing him chat to the chickens was wonderful! Also the look of total amazement when he saw the tropical fish was wonderful! He sat in his push chair with his mouth wide open (and not screaming!!!) Luckily Bluewater should be animal free (at least real ones!) so he won't have to process any more new animal images just yet!

This morning we had a very exciting experience. I had to go and had an ultrasound scan done on my knee and whilst driving round the carpark to find a space I heard a rather odd noise. My first thought was my car was about to become very expensive...I didn't notice the helicopter sat in the field... By the time I parked and got Mikey out of the car it took off over our heads. One little boy got so excited I thought he was going to take off himself! His arms were flapping so fast I nearly dropped him and the squeals didn't get drowned out by the engines,  I think everyone in the waiting area was told all about it as well! The scan just showed I have creaky knees... also known as ostoe arthritis  (or however it's spelt!) All I know is it hurts especially when it's cold or damp...or even worse both. I need to be somewhere nice and dry and warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment