Sunday 20 March 2011

Bad Day

I have now decided that I really don't like the 18th March. I was driving along Brookfield Road so I could drop Mikey off on my way to work when a silver van, in the inside lane (supposedly going left) suddenly turned right, into the front of my car. He got out and said sorry whilst I suggested he move his transit as he was blocking the road at that point (whilst I noted down his reg No and the company phone number, in case he tried to drive off)  Once we got to the side of the road his boss appeared as if by magic! Neither of them knew their insurance details so I left my contact numbers so they could call me later - at this point my overwhelming need was to get Mikey out of there and to somewhere safe. Bless him, he didn't even cry - which was lucky for Will as if he had the chances are I would have flattened him. The Boss followed me to Rachel & Brian's as I wasn't too happy to drive my car, one there Brian made me a mug of tea and I think the adrenaline wore off and what had happened really hit me - especially the fact Mikey was in the passenger seat and could have been killed.

What really annoys me is the driver had been on his mobile and never actually stopped talking to the person on the other end. I'm pretty sure he was talking to work as when he drove off he was given some oasis shapes to add to his load... This has all been reported to the Police - I just pray that they take some action against him as the company have told me that they can't control whether or not their drivers obey the law and can't/won't stop them using phones whilst driving. He also said he wasn't paying attention whilst driving so didn't see me... Basically I'd like him hung, drawn and quartered, as slowly and painfully as possible. Andy came home not long after I'd arrived at Rachel & Brian's and the rest of the day was taken up with me bursting into tears fairly frequently, going to the Police Station to make my report and then heading to A&E to be checked over. I now know officially that I have whiplash and over the weekend it has got worse so I'm currently living on co-codamol to try to keep the pain under control. Although the large glass of wine on Friday night helped too!

All that is happening now is a car is being delivered to work tomorrow and the repair garage should be picking mine up at some point...it would have all happened much quicker if the 3rd Party Insurer had just admitted liability on Friday, but they are still processing the claim at the moment (commercial claims never get done quickly) but the bloke that followed me on Friday pretty much admitted liability to Rachel when he got there - I wasn't listening at that point, I just wanted to get Mikey inside and cuddled. My poor little car will need a new bumper, wing and possibly a new bonnet and serious work on the passenger door as opening that makes a very odd noise, I'm also worried about the front tyre especially with the number of potholes in Ashford... if that blows the damage will be far worse and cost them loads more (so I am trying to mitigate any loss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment