Saturday 5 March 2011

noisy week

Mikey is still very much into exercising his lungs at the moment! To be honest I would be grateful if he could lower the pitch but he seems to feel the higher the note the better!! When do their voices break exactly!??!?!?

We are still not showing any inclination whatsoever to roll over! But at least it means he does more or less stay wherever I put him! But the wriggling is getting stronger and he can move himself around on his back and the poor hanging animals are eaten on frequent occasions (I do feed him, honestly!) But eating stuff is Mikey's usual way of working out what stuff is! Although his usual reaction if it is edible is to spit it out straight away!

This week I've sort of re-discovered baking! I've been making bread and today has been cookies and muffins! Mikey has sampled the muffins which ended up behind his ears somehow! My son is amazing at managing to get mucky in any and every situation! We were weighted this week and he is now 8.7kg...or 19lbs 2oz so I must be getting the weaning right as he isn't failing to put weight on which is one thing I'd been worrying about!

We've had to buy a bigger car seat now - to be honest I can hardly lift Mikey in the carry seat we started with, so we now have a seat which is rear facing for now but from 12 months old he can face forwards.. A whole new perspective on life is going to open up for him! I just hope he doesn't start screaming whilst I'm driving as that will really be distracting! He has, so far at least, enjoyed looking at the lorries on the M20 - I can only assume that it is the colours that grab his attention. It can't be the noise as I always have the radio/CD on in the car and he is usually subjected to my singing so any other noise is totally drowned out! But he does join in sometimes as well so we have quite enjoyable trips when it's just the 2 of us travelling along the motorway to see Nanny and Grandad!

No comments:

Post a Comment