Saturday 12 March 2011

First Day ....DONE!

Well I survived my first day back at work... I will admit I cried my eyes out as Mikey left with Andy to go to Auntie Nicky (I really need some new none cryable makeup) But I pulled myself together, had breakfast, and set off to park the car and face whatever was waiting for me in International House!

My main memory of the day is that my brain hurt! Well I did stop work at the end of April last year so all this thinking was a bit of a shock to my poor baby addled brain! Thankfully Nicky sent me a photo of my little monster at lunchtime so I could see he was fine - I doubt he even noticed I wasn't around! He was far too busy scooting around Auntie Nicky's kitchen in his new baby walker and going out for a stroll with Grandad and Barley etc etc Who actually needs Mum with so much excitement around!?!?!

As I left work there were TV cameras waiting! A little over the top for my first day back I thought! But it was actually to do with the light display on the front of the ofice block out up by SEEDA at a cost of approx £200k so people coming out of the station have something interesting to look at apparently! As I left in daylight I missed out on my starring role and just found my car and headed home for a cuddle - from Mikey not Andy...

1 comment:

  1. Glad it all went well. So did you like the place/people?
    Is this job permanent or is it maternity cover only?
    I am sure you impressed them with your expertise.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete