Friday 5 August 2011

Am I glad it's Friday!

It's been a tough week this week….but the beginning wasn't too bad thank goodness, it's just gone downhill from Monday really!


The first disaster was a husband with toothache - never a fun experience and I'm afraid I wasn't exactly sympathetic as it's been going on for weeks (possibly months) and he hasn't bothered to go to the dentist (which is within walking distance) He finally booked an appointment for Wednesday evening which meant he was miserable for Tina's Birthday evening (sorry about that) and didn't make it to work on Wednesday as he was dizzy from the pain killers he was taking and it was hurting (his sympathetic wife just said to phone the dentist and see if they had any cancellations to get in earlier)

Thursday didn't start any better - even after his treatment he was still in pain (so I didn't get much rest as he was up and down during the night) and then Mikey decided to fall over and bump his head. He stopped screaming as soon as breakfast was shovelled into his mouth and by the time I delivered him to the childminder he was totally fine, although he did have the start of a nice egg/bruise on his forehead poor little mite. Wonderful Debbie kept a close eye on him all day for me but he ate all his lunch (plus some of the other Kids lunches as well) and had a nice nap before being educated in the joys of skateboarding….He is not having one of those until he is old enough to leave home!

Debbie also pointed out once he is walking he will get even more bumps and bruises…but it didn't stop me pretty much going into shock and by the time I got to work I was a wreck and had to have a bloody good cry. (and get some reassurance from my Mum and Dad….) Yesterday evening Andy was out and I was so scared about changing Mikey I insisted on getting him ready for bed in his cot - talk about a confused little boy who really didn't want to be helpful…he was also confused this morning when after changing his nappy on his changing mat we moved back to his cot to get dressed - but it was better for mummy's sanity as she couldn't let him fall when he's sat on his mattress!

Andy has gone back to work today, although I think he had less sleep than me last night, and Mikey has gone to Nanny and Grandad so is probably having a wonderful day, I know he was going to the supermarket which he loves as there is so much to see, loads of colour and plenty of people who are likely to make a fuss of him (my son can be such a tart!) The only thing you have to do is watch what he puts into the trolley! If something catches his eye he grabs it…or makes a good try and can get ratty if he can't get hold of it! I think he is close to having a shopping addiction at 1!! We may have created a monster….

Not much planned for the weekend…I may try to catch up on some sleep which is a bit of a waste of the weekend but I am just feeling a bit drained and this morning the nicest description I could come up with for my complexion was grey and washed out… or I find somewhere comfortable and sit and soak up some sun trying to change colour!! And with the amount of painkillers my husband has managed to get through he’ll probably be asleep too (no change there really!!!) Or I may try to get a few more photos of Mikey (it isn't like I haven't already taken 100's…) especially as it gives me an excuse to play around with the black and white setting - I know colour is good, but there is just something about black and white that I love! Plus being a proud Mum I quite like taking photos of my little monster, especially as he is changing so fast and growing up so quickly, I was looking at some 24 hour old photos last night and I could hardly recognise him as the same little boy. He really won't be my baby in looks at least for much longer!! I can be an embarrassing mother and call him my baby for the rest of his life though - And believe me, I will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment