Monday 8 August 2011

Monday....Urgh

New week again! I know weekends can go fast but why do mine seem to last for a couple of seconds and are them over and it's Monday morning again? This morning wasn't helped by my alarm clock playing up yet again! My alarm went off at 6.30 (as normal) and I went into snooze mode (again as normal) until it said 7.02 when I thumped the sleeping man beside me and asked if he was going to get up this morning! The response I got was 'Have you checked the time on your phone?' and when I did it was only 6.21am! 'm not sure why my alarm clock is not running 40 minutes ahead of itself as it is supposedly set by the atomic clock and is completely accurate!!! I guess this evening it'll be battery out and re-set time! I really don't want to be woken up 40 minutes early again tomorrow! (Thinking back Mikey was being very quiet whilst I was snoozing…..)

One thing I did have time for over the weekend was a quick hair colour change! I had noticed far too many grey hairs last week whilst it was being chopped, so I decided to do some cover up action! It is now allegedly mid auburn… as I dried it yesterday morning it started to look pink!! That led to a minor panic, but as I dried the rest it looked slightly more normal (well for me anyway!!) Not sure I'll try this colour again…maybe next time I'll do for brown again as my hair is far too good at going red… I think it's a genetic thing as my Grandmother and Uncle were both red heads!

My original plan of having a photography session didn't happen. Probably mainly due to the weather - everytime I stepped outside I got rained on and after the 1st couple of times it gets decidedly boring and I take steps to avoid the dampness as much as I can! I did get some photos back that I've had printed, but I've bought a new album as the 2nd Mikey album is nearly full now, but Mikey kept 'helping' which mainly involves folding pages up so I didn’t get the photos sorted or slotted into their new homes - maybe I'll make a start on them this evening!

One other think I need to do this week is make a Drs appointment. I took my prescription application form into the GP surgery about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. Based on their normal 'helpfulness' I would imagine they have lost this as well as the original one I took in just before I found out I was pregnant. They would be totally unable to arrange the proverbial in a brewery without someone telling them what to do. The sooner the new management team are put in the better…but all that seems to have gone quiet again although the girls in the pharmacy did tell me they have now managed to get a few more permanent Drs now….

And seeing how many different things they seem to think I need to take to keep going I would quite like some help paying for it all as at £7.60 (I think) per item it all mounts up scarily fast…Or they can just give me more per prescription so I don't have to get it all renewed so often. It isn't as if any of it is exactly dangerous….I stopped taking all that stuff when I first found out Mikey was on the way and haven't had any of it since (and don't intend to) so I'm hardly likely to try and deal in any of the stuff I'm on! None of it gives an artificial high…mainly it keeps my blood pressure, uric acid and cholesterol levels down and keeps my blood sugar on an even keel… nothing earth shatteringly desirable there really!

Mikey is now really into speed crawling - and I am going to have to get him a baby crash helmet! He simply doesn't look where he is going and seems to know no fear right now (and no - that does not mean you can fly him from a kite….) This weekend he has crawled…at speed…. into the sofa (again) the dining table and Daddy and Mummy. What I find totally hilarious is the fact he doesn't stop when he hits something, just keeps going as if he will simply go straight through whatever the obstacle is! He has also started trying to work out how to climb over Daddy…I think wrestling may commence soon and my money is no Mikey! For one thing I doubt he’ll be very sporting…and he has nails!



No comments:

Post a Comment