Tuesday 23 August 2011

Please can we have a little more summer?

This is not a good day - and it is purely down to the weather. I sometimes wonder if I am a victim of SAD as when it is grey and horrible like today I feel awful. Although my gorgeous little boy did make me laugh this morning - I'd tried my best to make sure he was protected against the deluge that was underway outside - but he was adamant that he wasn't having either hid sweatshirt hood or coat hood up. As we stepped outside the back door (well I stepped, he was carried) all IO could hear was a very loud 'UCK' and you just knew what sort of feeling he was trying to convey! So I am assuming that Uck in Mikey translates to Yuk! He was then silent for the whole trip to the childminder, no singing or anything - I have a feeling he was in sulk mode! And I know I shouldn't project what I think he is thinking but this morning it was just too easy and it cheered me up!!


I think Mikey was slightly disconcerted this morning as he is the only child there today…he was trying to look around the door into the lounge to see if anyone was there! I assume the Jack will be around so Mikey will get to try to turn off his PS whilst he's playing again! And also get lots of attention - which will suit him down to the ground after having had Nanny and Grandad running around after him yesterday! Apparently at one point Grandad was pretending to be a Giraffe…but seeing as Grandad tries to convince Mikey that his cow is a horse I'm not sure if he was really being a giraffe or maybe he was a panda….your guess is as good as mine!

My main problem today is actually getting inspired to do anything…I'm also shivering, probably due to this horrific weather! I'[m sure the office isn't actually as cold as I seem to think it is. My fingers are so cold that typing hurts and my spelling is unbelievably bad (not that it is ever good…thank goodness for spell check!) But my atrocious spelling doesn't slow the system down - it seems to be doing that for no reason at all , all by itself!

I am also sulking that my tube of Smarties seems to be missing the orange ones. At one point you could buy tubes of just orange Smarties….why did they stop doing that?? I like the orange ones far more than the others, the chocolate in them seems to be really grainy and the flavour isn't nice :-(

My nemesis is driving me up the wall as well today…the photocopier has dared to go wrong and the nice engineer has been out and fixed it - but it isn't good enough! As the poor man has pointed out the machine is old and basically wearing out so he can't get the resolution any better…Cue major sighing and whinging. I have been plugged into my Ipod trying to block some of the noise out but I failed miserable and I really can't take much more of this. He gives old women a bad name! And I can't even move around the desk and use Alan's desk as he has a laptop docking station and I have a PC :-( Although there is a strong chance I will move my PC around there so I can escape for a while….

My other problem during the day today has been shivering…I don't think the office has been cold - just me! I think whatever bug I've had over the last few days is still lurking and tomorrow I'm seriously considering wearing a nice warm jumper (do I sound really old now?!?!?!?) Although the forecast tomorrow is at least dry…I'd really like to see that big yellow thing that makes you feel warm if at all possible please!



No comments:

Post a Comment