Saturday 30 July 2011

All Change!!

The hair has now gone!!! And so far it's working, the only reaction I've had from Mikey was Wooooo as I waked in and he hasn't tried to grab my hair at all. I haven't really had any reaction from Andy yet, hopefully I may get one eventually!

We went out for lunch today, I wanted to just have some time for the 3 of us but I couldn't get a babysitter of this evening so we went out for lunch. We went to 'The Atrium' in Rochester and it was wonderful. It's a small restaurant but I'm afraid I can't comment on the beer selection as I don't think it's high on their list of priorities!
The place is right on the High Street and quite close to the Cathedral so we had bells pealing through most of lunch as there was a rather large wedding happening, they had good taste in Wedding cars as the one parked by the main door was from Odds cars, the firm our wedding car came from. But it didn't inspire and romantic gestures from Andy - he didn't even hold my hand :(

Getting over to Medway this morning was fun...the M20 was closed so we went via Faversham and the M2, I'd forgotten how much I hate that trip but at least it meant Mikey could have a nap on the way there and coming home the M20 was re-opened so it was much easier! It also meant that he arrived at Nanny and Grandad's ready for lunch which he demolished pretty thoroughly!

Mikey had a wonderful time with Nanny, Grandad and Barley (who is still missing the other part of the family whilst they're in the US - I think Nanny is looking forward to having a dog free bed eventually!) We've hit the next milestone and have finally mastered crawling forward on hands and knees rather than commando crawling forwards and reversing in the correct position, so tomorrow we need to pick up the stair gates and blitz the lounge as now he know what he's doing I have a feeling stopping him is going to be pretty much impossible! Luckily Barley has had sofas and the garden as escape routes, Mikey can't get outside on his own yet...although he has mastered opening and closing doors so long as he remembers to keep his legs out of the way!!

2 comments:

  1. The hair looks wonderful. Makes you look younger.
    The restaurant looks lovely too. What did you have for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food was great, sauteed mushrooms in a prawn and herb demi glaze, organic chicken supreme with a side salad and churros with dips... none exactly healthy but I enjoyed every mouthful!! And I can totally recommend the place, very cute, olf fashioned but the staff look after you wonderfully well!

    ReplyDelete