Monday 4 July 2011

Bloody awful Mother...who cried for most of Sunday

It appears that I'm a terrible mother. I have let Mikey have a few treats as I'm having a birthday. He has had a tiny amount of birthday cake, the cream off a slice of banoffee pie and a taste of a doughnut. Apparently he is now going to be obese and his teeth are going to fall out. The person who made this accusation has never seen my son and has no idea that at his 12 month check up his growth and weight were classed as perfectly normal with no need for any concern - and this was at the end of June so not that long ago! I am proud that I have a happy, friendly child who so far has no sign of any fussy eating as he is trying a wide variety of foods - mostly in very small amounts and well controlled so he has an interesting and balanced diet, with the odd treat and a supply of fruit which he happily eats (more than me to be honest!) These accusations left me in tears for most of yesterday afternoon but my family and a wonderful friend jumped to my defence - something I am very grateful for. I am now seriously considering cancelling/closing my facebook page and wish I had a way of passing on just how hurt I am. I would have preferred to have had a private message rather than being accused publically of making my son obese etc.

Sorry for the rant but I have been hurt by this - those people who actually know me will know that we waited a very long time to be lucky enough to have Mikey and had enough scares during my pregnancy....add in my past medical history and Mikey is, in my mind a bit of a miracle and there is no way I will ever put my son at any risk...If someone has a problem about how I treat my son I'd happily discuss it calmly with them in person - and they really should at least see how Mikey and I interact and how healthy,happy and normal weighted he is.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should talk to the person

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she hadn't blocked me os face book I would...but somehow I doubt she'd want to talk to me. She has made her feelings about what a terrible mother I am extremely clear.

    ReplyDelete